No one can predict when a dental emergency might happen. One can only prepare for it. At Caringbah Dental Care, we make sure that we are always prepared for any dental emergency.
If you or your loved ones have a dental emergency, you can trust your Caringbah Dental Care dentist to respond quickly and effectively. A same day emergency appointment is available!
Dental Emergency Services At Caringbah Dental Care
At Caringbah Dental Care, we treat almost all types of dental emergencies such as:
- Children’s dental emergencies
- Toothache or dental pain
- Knocked out teeth
- Broken dentures
- Lost fillings, crowns, and inlay and onlay
- Dental abscess
- Soft tissues injuries in the mouth
First Aid Steps
Administering the right first aid steps can do a lot in saving your teeth. Hence it important that you are fully educated on different emergency first aid steps. We have listed some of the most common dental emergencies and their first aid steps. Take a look.
Knocked Out Tooth
- Secure the knocked out tooth immediately. Pick it by the crown and do not touch the root.
- If you see a foreign matter on the tooth, rinse it with lukewarm water for no more than 10 seconds. Do not brush, scrape, or rub.
- For a permanent tooth, reinsert into place and bite down gently on a clean piece of cloth to hold it in place.
- Let your dentist handle the re-implantation for a knocked out baby tooth.
- Soak the tooth in milk, saline solution, or saliva on your way to the dentist.
- Go to your dentist within 30 minutes of the injury.
- Brush your teeth gently, floss in between teeth to make sure that there is no food debris left in the mouth. Use an antiseptic mouthwash or a saltwater solution to rinse your mouth with. (1/2 teaspoon of salt to eight ounces of lukewarm water)
- To reduce pain and sensitivity, apply clove oil on the aching area or take OTC pain relievers.
- Never put aspirin on the aching area as this can cause a chemical burn.
- Go to your dentist immediately.
- Remove all broken pieces in the mouth.
- Move the wire gently into place using the clean eraser end of a pencil.
- Cover the edges with cotton gauze on your way to the dentist.
Same Day Emergency Appointment At Caringbah Dental Care
Caringbah Dental Care is your trusted emergency dentist in Caringbah. We are ready to help relieve your pain and discomfort in case of a dental emergency. We understand the need for urgency hence we have a same day emergency appointment available for you and your loved ones.
In case of a dental emergency, see us right away!
Call 0450 749 630 or visit us at Shop 3 10-20 MacKay Street in Caringbah.
360-degree Virtual Tour
- We are located about 5 minutes from Caringbah Train Station; please walk towards Australia Post, turn left onto Hay Avenue and walk across the 2P shire council car park.
- Taxi stand and bus stop are on Hay Avenue next to Australia Post.